NBC is producing a comedy about what happens when bosses have vaginas. This new comedy was inspired by an essay, written by Hillary Winston, which appeared in Playboy last year. The essay was appropriately named, “When Your Boss Has a Vagina”. The project, which is currently untitled, will be headed by Ms. Winston, who is known for her role in the popular CBS sitcom, “Bad Teacher”.
According to Jenny Kutner, with Salon News, Hillary’s essay indicates that we can expect to see a lot of “good old-fashioned overblown gender stereotypes”. Hillary states that gender is not a factor at all in bad bossing, because she has worked with bad bosses of both sexes. Hillary tells us how a bad boss, in any sex, may behave:
- Have a fight with your fiance the night before and take it out on your employees.
- Make your employee work on the weekend but don’t tell them until Friday.
- Stock the break room with only snacks that you like.
- Notice that your employee’s car isn’t there right at nine.
- Doubt that your employee is telling the truth about being sick.
- Resent your employee’s appointments: car trouble, out-of-town weddings, dentist, etc.
- Leave early just to beat traffic, but make your employees stay and work.
So, how should a bad boss “with a vagina” act, in the opinion of Hillary? She states that there are differences between men and women bad bosses due to social customers; such as opening the door for a woman, wearing low cut provocative clothing, and having your ass checked out by men (because you’re a woman; not because you’re the boss).
The plot is about a new “lady boss” who joins a “fratty corporate office”. Salon News writer, Jenny Kutner, believes that along with the sexually objectifying jokes, at female boss’s expense, we may also see a few helpful lessons, to be learned in the series, about equality in the workplace.
Gender Equality Works…
Kutner, Jenny. NBC picks up a new “comedy” about what happens when bosses have vaginas. Retrieved on August 11, 2014 from http://www.salon.com/2014/08/08/nbc_picks_up_a_new_comedy_about_what_happens_when_bosses_have_vaginas/
Now, you can! At eBossWatch.com you can rate your boss! Because NO ONE should have to work with a bad boss jerk. For the first time ever, you can do a background check on your boss.
By rating YOUR BOSS, you will be helping others who might be considering a career change. The survey is quick and anonymous! It allows you to RATE YOUR BOSS so that you can warn other people. There should be consequences for being a terrorist at work! Or, you can ALSO recommend a great boss, too!
At Bad Boss, we LOVE this site!
Top 5 Reasons to RATE your BOSS on eBossWatch:
- To deter your boss from continuing to abuse his or her employees.
- To warn other potential employees so that they will know what it’s like to work with your boss.
- To warn other future employers who might consider hiring your boss.
- To deter other bosses from bullying their workers.
- To help eBossWatch with a nationwide database of good and bad bosses so that job seekers will be able to research and evaluate potential bosses and employers.
What else can you do on the site?
Do a Boss Search! – What if you are in the market for a new job? Check eBossWatch and make sure that your potential boss is not rated poorly as a bad boss. Who wants to get stuck working for a bad boss??! You can search for either the boss or business that you are considering working for, and peek at what other employees have rated that boss.
America’s Worst Bosses – eBossWatch.com has compiled an annual list of America’s Worst Bad Bosses! To date, these bosses have cost their employers over $41 million in monetary damages and lawsuit settlement payments. Managers were accused of workplace harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and/or creating a hostile work environment.
Jobs with a “No Jerk” Hiring Policy – For the job seeker, check out their eBossWatch blog for a list of available jobs. The site offers a weekly eBossWatch newsletter which features new jobs at awesome companies that have a “no jerks” hiring policy!
Need a Lawyer? – If you have been a victim of a bad boss, you may need to seek the legal direction of an employment lawyer. Discrimination and sexual harassment are just two of the categories in which lawyers can assist victims of bad bosses. eBossWatch offers a user friendly search to assist you in locating an attorney in your state.
Disclaimer: Most of our Bad Boss posts are meant to be humorous. However, we realize that working for a Bad Boss is not funny. We hope that sharing this tool will assist you in some way.